A central research laboratory was installed in the University in order to support the process and periodically use it in educational programmes, this is an outcome of the strategic plan.
• Improve educational programmes and quality of their integration;
• Develop research environment by gaining material and human resources;
• Support academic staff professional development;
• Develop cooperation in national and international level;
• Support student involvement in university life, with their direct contribution and active participation (student self-government, SYSSA, student interest groups SIGA, GIGA, etc.);
• Facilitate the implementation of the theoretical foundations of science and research ethics;
• To promote research in the field of bioethics itself (medicine, biological and environmental ethics);
This is in compliance with the general research interest of the University, as well as the research directions. supports the MD programme delivery:
• Through involvement in scientific skills courses;
• Through the delivery of laboratory-methodological knowledge and training for the research project implementation;
• By integration of research based knowledge and experience in the educatory courses and modules, as well as delivery of separate (elective) courses.